Monday, February 23, 2015

Oscars 2015


Another Oscars have come and gone! Here are some of my favorite moments:


*Watching 3 hours of red carpet coverage. More enjoyable than actual Oscars, somehow.

*Anna Kendrick in the opening number, yay!

*Patricia Arquette's speech about equal rights and fair pay for women was amazing.

*NPH in his underwear! Trying the ol' Naked Man, apparently.

*In Memoriam section felt like it was missing something without clips from relevant movies. Also, why no Joan Rivers love? Also also, what was with JHud's song afterwards? Super unnecessary.

*John Travlota's moment with Idina Menzel/Adele Nazeem was super weird and uncomfortable.

*I do not get all the Whiplash love. Cool for JK Simmons, but I did not love this movie.

*The Everything is Awesome performance was super awesome and only kind of like an acid trip.

*I'd heard that Lady Gaga could actually sing, but seeing it live was a whole different story. Maybe this is going to be a career reinvention for her.

*The 'Stay weird, stay different' speech.

*Cate Blanchett saying "Okie dokie smokie."

*Eddie Redmayne was adorable winning his Oscar.

*Julianne Moore is great. I really want to see Still Alice. I read the book and it was great. Great great great.

*Interstellar should have won for everything. Or at least been nominated for everything.

*Birdman was a good pick for Best Pic.

I spent the evening commenting on the Oscars thread in the movies subreddit on Reddit and was appalled by the amount of sexism, racism, and homophobia I witnessed. I should have just stayed on Twitter or liveblogged.

Other than that, a pretty okay Academy Awards. What did you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment