Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Weekend Roundup - Flower Crowns, Walks, & Kittens

My weekend was rather eventful! My boyfriend had to work all weekend, so instead of just being lazy and becoming one with the couch (like I typically would) I decided to get outside and do a few things!

First up on Saturday was a flower arranging class at Whole Foods! About 10 of us gathered under some tents outside and watched Diana show us how to properly arrange floral bouquets. It was pretty interesting watching her work as she cut off extraneous leaves, trimmed down tea leaves, and placed each flower just so. While she created several beautiful bouquets, she dropped some knowledge. For example, did you know that roses usually have several 'guard petals' that are used only to protect the rest of the petals?




After making 3 different bouquets, one with hydrangea, one with roses and baby's breath, and one with lilies and pink roses, she showed us how to make a flower crown before sending us off to some tables filled with jars of various kinds of flowers.


 I really liked the crown I made and I had a lot of fun doing it!



From there ('there' being the Runway Playa Vista outdoor mall thing), I decided to walk over to the Playa Vista rummage sale that takes place annualy at Concert Park. It wasn't too far a walk, and it was a lovely area to walk through anyway. 


I didn't find anything good to buy at the rummage sale, so I walked back to my car, went home, and watched Season 2 of the Unbreakable Kimmy Schimdt netflix show for the rest of the night. And that was my Saturday!

On Sunday, I had a shift at the Kitten Foster program at the animal shelter where I volunteer. I cleaned a few cages, did some laundry, mopped, and then I got to do playgroup with the kittens!! One at a time, each cat condo was emptied of it's kittens into a very tall cage, filled with toys, treats, and me!! My job was pretty much just to watch them, pet them, entertain them, and make sure they didn't get out. It was like heaven. The first group of kittens consisted of a mix bag of 5 kittens, plus their mama cat too. 



The next group consisted of 5 black kittens!! How freaking cute is this little black hole with eyes??


You have no idea how challening it is to photograph a bunch of kittens scampering around.


This one was my favorite. I wanted to put her in my purse and take her home with me!


 Look at that photogenic little face!!!




So that was my flowers, walks, and kittens-filled weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment