Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 YouTube Channels

I remember back in the early days of YouTube when it was all cat videos and everything was 3 minutes or less, or else no one would watch it. The YouTube scene has certainly changed a lot since then. YouTube is now dominated by ambitious vloggers, posting multiple times a week to their own branded channels. I subscribe to more than a few channels that I enjoy watching. Here are my top ten favorite YouTube channels!

1. Practical Folks

This is SUCH an underrated channel. The Practical Folks first gained some fame for their Drunk Disney series, in which a group of twenty-somethings watch Disney movies while getting drunk and making hilarious commentary. They recently revamped their channel to include skits and vlogs, as well as a weekly Game of Thrones discussion. They seem really passionate about what they do, and I hope they can get more recognition.


2. My Drunk Kitchen/Hannah Hart


Hannah Hart has a great series of videos where she gets drunks and makes food, while being hilarious and occasionally philosophical. Her channel has gotten huge since I started watching her videos, and she's branched out into other types of videos now. Her videos are always very entertaining, not to mention a little educational with all the cooking tips!


3. Ingrid Nilsen



Ingrid is a great fashion/makeup/lifestyle vlogger who makes really well-produced videos. About a year ago, her video in which she came out went viral. Her channel is a little bit of everything, and I feel like I always come away with some good tips on whatever topic she's speaking about.


4. Fitness Blender



Fitness Blender is my go-to channel for workout videos. They have a great variety of workouts for every body part, every occasion, every person, and every level of fitness. Their videos are fairly simply produced with little distraction, which I appreciate.


5. Miniature Space



You never see this YouTuber, only their hands, holding teeny tiny cooking utensils while cooking teeny tiny food. There's something sort of zen about it sometimes; I mean, cooking tiny amounts of food over a tea light takes some time commitment. The teeny tiny furniture adds to the ambiance of tiny-ness.


6. Tati/GlamLifeGuru



Makeup tutorials used to be the main thing I watched on YouTube (uh, besides cat videos), but now that I've discovered that there's so much more to YouTube, I find myself watching tutorial videos less. Tati, however, is great! Maybe it's because we're similar in age, unlike a lot of the other 20-something youths (Youths!). She reviews a ton of products, from drugstore (which is what I buy) to super-high-end stuff (which I'll never buy but am curious about), and tries out a lot of different looks.


7. Threadbanger



This YouTube channel is run by husband and wife team Rob and Corinne, who each have individual channels as well. They basically try all kinds of Pinterest, DIY, crafty, trending kind of things and record their honest and hilarious results. They are so engaging and fun and irreverent, and it's a great twist on the Pinterest-life that numerous DIY channels emulate.

8. Jenna Marbles


Jenna Marbles has been around longer than most YouTubers, and she is probably my most favorites. She only posts once a week,and they are typically crazy, troll-y videos that I love. Her boyfriend, Julian, posts daily vlogs about their life together (plus their dogs, bonus!). I don't know if it's because she's one of the first real YouTubers I started watching, or if it's just how crazy hilarious all her videos are, but I love her. Her videos are very unique compared to lot of other channels on YouTube.


9. Grace Helbig


Grace is another lifestyle-type vlogger. I like her because not only is she awkward, but she's honest about how awkward she is. 

10. Traci J. Hines


Traci is Helvetica the Hipster Mermaid, and if that's not enough reason to immediately go check out her channel, then I don't know what to do with you. She's also a very prolific Disney cosplayer, singer, and voiceover artist. 


No comments:

Post a Comment