Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Anime Expo 2016!


Last weekend, I attended Anime Expo for the... third (I think?) time! As I've probably said in my previous posts, I don't actually watch anime. I do appreciate random Japanese stuff, though, so there's definitely stuff for me at this convention.

This giant... guy greeted us in the entry way to the convention center. This was before Pokemon Go launched, so I was not able to capture him in a Pokeball.


There were a few non-anime things there, like this case of DC heroine figurines!


See, this here, this is right up my alley. Cuteness!


I don't know what this is:


Ninja bunny! Is there a ninja bunny anime? I would watch the crap out of that.


Game of Thrones?! What are you doing here?


An art of Boba Fett dragging Frodo to Mount Doom. I don't know, but I like it.


Cats in bananas were a theme this year, for some reason.


A Kirby and a Pokemon! They actually moved, and it was very strange. I wasn't sure if there was an actual person in there or what.


I finally got to see Kiba, the Cosplaying Corgi! She was signing/pawing her autograph. TOO CUTE.


Squirtle Squad Goals! #squirtlesquadgoals


For some reason, anime cars? Also, it's hard to tell, but the blonde girl behind the bike is a Cyclops. She was wearing a plastic mask with a cyclops eye that blinked. It was terrifying and still haunts my dreams.


As usual, I bought a mystery grab bag from one of the booths. It was a really good one, I got a stuffed cat from some game called Monster Hunter, as well as 2 cat hats from the same game. One of the better grab bags I've gotten!


Like this:

There was a large Neko Atsume set up, which was very exciting for me. They showcased their new kitty figurines. This is the only one out yet, and of course I immediately bought it:


Upcoming sets:

I got so excited when I saw this set up, you don't even know. It's hard to tell, but the fat white pillow I'm laying on is Tubbs! How nice, he left me some gold anchovies. 


Pretty good Anime Expo show this year. Next year, we might stay downtown and make a weekend of it, like we did for WonderCon.

No comments:

Post a Comment