Friday, May 15, 2015

Summer Movies!

Summer is my favorite season, due in no small part to the abundance of blockbusters that come out! There are more than a handful that I'm looking forward to seeing this summer! Here are the ones I'm most excited for!




Pitch Perfect 2 (May 15) - The amazing Anna Kendrick returns to sing some more mashups with her college acapella group and just generally be perfect. I'm seeing this one tonight, and just rewatched the first one a couple days ago to get ready!

San Andreas (May 29) - A massive earthquake hits LA, aka one of my fears since moving here. Unfortunately I don't think The Rock will be around to save me like in this movie. I love disaster movies anyway, and I'm definitely going to see this one in 4D so I can really feel those earthquakes!

Jurassic World (June 12) - OMG I can't wait to see this! Jurassic Park has opened for business, against the better judgement of anyone with common sense, and predictably, and the dinosaurs go cray cray. Chris Pratt does some Chris Pratt things and presumably saves the day. New dinos abound and it's gonna be awesome!

Inside Out (June 19) - I confess I don't know a ton about this movie. But it's from Pixar and it's got Amy Poehler, so that's pretty much all you need.

Terminator: Genisys (July 1) - I love the Terminator movies, so I'm hopeful that this one can at least try to be as good as the first two. One of the trailers recently revealed a pretty big plot twist, that John Conner becomes some kind of human/machine hybrid in the future. t That's pretty crazy; let's see if it works in the context of the movie!

Ant-Man (July 17) - Marvel and Paul Rudd seems like a pretty winning combination! I saw some test footage literally like 2 or 3 years ago at Comic Con, and it looked phenomenal. I just hope this movie won't suffer from it's behind the scenes drama with director Edgar Wright leaving under mysterious circumstances.


I'm also definitely going to see these:
Tomorrowland (May 22) - So I'm not entirely sure on the plot on this one, something about Disneyland and George Clooney? Whatever, I'm in.

Entourage (June 5) - I enjoyed the TV show, okay?? It was mostly-harmless fun.

Ted 2 (June 26) - The first one was funny, right? 

Magic Mike XXL (July 1) - Do I even need to explain why?

Vacation (July 31) - I liked the original National Lampoon movies, and hopefully this one will live up to it!

Fantastic 4 (August 7) - Kind of meh about this, but as it's a Marvel movie, I will dutifully go see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment