Friday, October 30, 2015

Apple Is The New Pumpkin Spice

Fall is finally here! Of course, it's hard to tell in LA; typically fall just means it's slightly cooler. But it's been up in the 3 digit temps lately and hasn't felt very fall like at all. Now that it's a bit cooler, I feel in the mood for fall-ish things, like pumpkins! And, apples! I've been seeing so much apple stuff lately! 

I saw this blog post from Live.Happy.Inspired about making apple crisps and I thought to myself, 'Hey, that doesn't look too complicated! I could probably do that!' Well, self, you thought wrong.



It was simple enough. I sliced an apple into thin (sort of) slices. Then I sprinkled some cinnamon on them and put them in the oven on 225 degrees for an hour.


I pulled them out, and they were not at all crispy. I put them back in for more time, and they just never got crispy. I don't think I sliced them thin enough. Apparently I'm supposed to have something called a 'mandolin' which I thought was an instrument played by Captain Correlli or something. Whatev.


Well, that was a bust. Time to drink! I found this blog post by My Newest Addiction about apple mimosas! 

I filled half a glass with Strongbow apple cider, and then topped that off with some champagne!


I got this Citrus Fusion kind from Barefoot Bubbly, give it that extra apple-y kick!


It tasted really delicious!



Seagram's Apple Orchard Whiskey is another great apple flavored alcohol that we've been enjoying. It's great to mix with the apple cider as well.

I think that apples should officially be the new pumpkin spice. Pumpkins are okay, but apple flavored things are pretty awesome! Uh, despite my failure with the apple crisps. I mean, they still tasted fine, they just weren't crispy. And of course, the mimosas turned out excellent!

No comments:

Post a Comment