Tuesday, November 24, 2015

DesignerCon 2015!


On Sunday, we attended another new convention (for us), Designer Con! This annual show, held at the Pasadena Convention Center, showcases artists, independent toy makers and designers. 


There were 300 vendors selling all kinds of good stuff. It was basically like an extended Artist's Alley, like you might find at any Comic Con. Artist's Alley is often one of my favorite parts of any convention we go to, so this was right up my... alley (get it?!).

100% Soft is one of my new favorite things. You may know them from the recent cute Star Wars emojis. Everything is beyond adorable. As I'm looking at this picture now, I'm kind of regretting not picking up some prints. To be fair, there were so many cool and cute and clever things at this show, it was hard to decide what to spend my money on!


Super Emo Friends was there as well! I can't believe I don't own more prints from them, they're all so cute!


Lego Studs had a booth featuring Lego recreations of comic book covers. Pretty amazing!



There was an Ewoks comic??


They also had a Back to the Future art exhibit. I love this Lego Marty, and check out the bear with two ties (a la 2015 Marty) by one of my favorite artists, Luke Chueh.


This is some fine art right here. I would hang this in my living room. Also, it's the only other picture I took, as there was a security guard roaming around and it made me nervous.


Of course, I picked up a few goodies while I was there. The shirt is from a great vendor Funhouse Labs, which sold not only these shirts, but actual plastic dinosaurs in tiny little fabric sweatshirts!! Adorable.

I also got a Pug Pack from Nerfect. Each pack contained a pug in a different occupational outfit. I got a luchador one!

The fuzzy purple thing is a Fureek pom tree. Finally, a plant that won't die on me!


DesignerCon is definitely a con I'd like to add to our list of regularly attended shows. I love to see what kinds of creativity people can come up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment