Monday, July 1, 2013

Girls on HBO


I binge-watched both seasons of Girls this weekend. I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy it, because I didn’t really like Lena Dunham’s film Tiny Furniture, and since Girls was purportedly similar, I didn’t have my hopes up. But... I ended up loving it!! It’s more relatable than I thought it would be. I’m not a New York girl in my early twenties... an LA girl in her late twenties is a slightly different animal altogether! But as I watched, I found myself almost cringing at how some things hit home for me, hard.

Not knowing what you're doing with your life, trying to navigate confusing interpersonal relationships - I guess these things are all pretty universal to people in their 20s. Maybe 30s too.

















Also, Shoshanna seems like she should be super annoying to me, but I found her hilarious:
“Do you know that part on your resume where they ask if you have any special skills? Well, it’s the thing where they ask you to list like, ‘yoga, Spanish, water skiing, Photoshop.’ I feel like I don’t I have any special skills."



No comments:

Post a Comment