Saturday, September 21, 2013

Power-Con 2013!

On Sunday, I went to Power-Con, a convention devoted to all things He-Man, She-Ra, Thundercats, and Ninja Turtles. The latter was a new addition this year; the previous 2 years of this convention focused only on the first 3. Power-Con is a really great, small-ish con located at a Marriott in Torrance.



They have a small exhibit floor filled with some amazing products, and a lot of artists with some really awesome prints for sale. I bought a She-Ra sticker, this She-Ra print, and check out this film cell of He-Man my boyfriend got!






They also had a pretty great line up of panels. We went to a few of them: one about the animated He-Man series, featuring some of the writers and directors; another about the She-Ra series, also featuring some of the writers and directors; and another that was a screening of a She-Ra episode with one of the directors doing a live commentary.








I love that all this stuff that was popular when I was a kid is experiencing a kind of resurgence. Look at this badass She-Ra action figure!!! They didn't have stuff this awesome when I was a kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment