Monday, March 3, 2014

Minimalism

I read about this Minimalism Game the other day and it inspired me to do a bit of spring cleaning. The idea is to get rid of one item the first day, two items the next day, three items the third day, and so on for a month. At the end, you'll have gotten rid of 519 things. That seems a bit much for me, I don't think I even have that many things I could get rid of! Instead I've decided to get rid of one item from home and one item from my work desk every day, as well as unsubscribing from an email newsletter or unliking/unfollowing one thing from Facebook/Twitter every day. So far, I've gotten rid of a sweater dress (unflattering but I liked the idea of it), a navy cardigan (didn't fit my broad shoulders, plus I have 2 other navy cardigans), a piece of computer equipment from work that I didn't need, and I've unfollowed a couple Twitters that didn't give me any information I really needed. I'm excited to pare down both my personal belongings and digital!

No comments:

Post a Comment