Tuesday, March 25, 2014

St. Patrick's Day at Disneyland & California Adventure!

As annual passholders, my boyfriend and I got passes to a special AP event at Disney California Adventure to celebrate St. Patrick's Day as well as the release of the new Muppets movie. They closed the park early for regular people; for APs, it was open from 9pm to 12!

The line to get our wristbands was SO long, though it only ended up taking about 40 minutes to get through. I think our timing was good, because according to Twitter, the line got much longer after that! Once we got in, we rode quite a few rides - Tower of Terror, California Soarin', Silly Symphony Swings, the Mater ride in Cars Land, and a couple more.

They had all kinds of special St. Patrick's Day and Muppet themed treats. There was a DJ set up outside Tower of Terror, introducing small children to raves and clubs and the like. They were also showing a sneak preview of the Muppet movie, but we didn't make it over there.




California Screaming and the Ferris Wheel were lit up green, and the fountains in Paradise Pier were flowing a green color as well! I thought that was a really nice, and unique, touch.









Lots of people were dressed in green, or had fun hats and accessories. It was cool to see people getting in the spirit! I had a green shirt, some shamrock necklaces, and a set of Mickey ears.









The next day, we spent a few hours in Disneyland. I'm always surprised when there are so many people there during a random weekday. Don't you people have to work? Aren't your kids in school or something?!












I tried a Dole Whip for the first time! Although it's a Disneyland staple, I've never had one before. The line for the stand, right next to the Tiki Room, can be nearly as long as the lines for rides!! Luckily, it only took maybe 10 minutes to get through. I liked the Dole Whip, it was kind of unusual. Very pineappely, of course, but still pretty good.

Another first during this trip - I pin traded for the first time! I sometimes don't really like wearing my lanyard with my pins on it because it's kind of heavy, and I'm always afraid one of them is going to come off. We were taking a break, sitting on a bench, and a cast member set up his little stand right in front of us. I traded a pin that I didn't like (I'd gotten it from a blind box), for a super cute pink and yellow Hidden Mickey one.






I also bought these little figurines in those Disney Collection blind packs. 3 packs for $15. Definitely money well spent...

My favorite is the culturally insensitive Indian Pooh.







No comments:

Post a Comment