Monday, March 16, 2015

Tea Time!


I've been trying to drink more tea lately, in lieu of drinking coffee. I mean, I still need coffee, don't get me wrong, I'm just trying to cut back on my 2 cups a day habit. Anyway, tea seems like a good, healthy alternative.

There's a peppermint tea in the office break room that I like a lot, by Twinings. It's good for stress release, because the menthol in it in a muscle relaxer. It can also be good for weight loss as it's also an appetite suppressor. Plus, it can help clear up acne and soothe an upset stomach.  

I recently got an organic dandelion root tea from Kiss Me Organics that I'm really loving! Dandelions typically taste bitter, but this tea has hibiscus and cinnamon added, so it doesn't taste bitter at all. Dandelions have been used throughout the ages for their medicinal properties, so think about that the next time you think, ugh, that ugly yellow weed. It's great for aid in digestion and for kidney and liver detox. 

I've never really gotten into green tea; something about the taste just doesn't agree with me. I know it's supposed to be super good for you, it increases brain function and fat burning; it's got antioxidants to help prevent cancer; it protects your brain and kills bacteria; it makes you immortal or something. Every once in a while, I'll try it again, just to see if my tastebuds have changed. Maybe someday.

I think I need to get a cute set of teacups now. That will surely make me want to drink more tea. I quite like this one:



Disclaimer: I received free products from Kiss Me Organics for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment