Monday, September 28, 2015

Weekend Roundup! Movies, Dinners, Lunar Eclipses!


Happy Monday! I had a fun and sort of busy weekend! How was yours?

On Friday night, we had dinner at The 3rd Stop (I had a delicious chicken pesto mac & cheese - maybe one of the best mac & cheeses I've had), before going to see Snowpiercer as part of a Korean film screening series. It started pretty late for me, at 10pm! Snowpiercer takes place 17 years after an apocalyptic event that wipes out most life on Earth. The only human left are the ones on this train that travels on a long track all the way around the world, over and over again. The train is divided by classes, basically, and the lowest classes start a revolution and attempt to make it to the front of the train, where the engineer and leader of the train is. It's just a really, really good movie, and I was really excited to get to see it on the big screen, even if it was late at night!



Saturday morning, we went to my boyfriend's office so he could get some work done and we could enjoy that lovely air conditioning! I sat at a table with a beautiful panoramic view of Playa Vista and did some interneting. It was a nice change of pace to spend some time in a different environment, just relaxing!



Later on, we went to a celebrity poker tournament hosted by the PEACE Fund, held at a Microsoft office near our apartment. I was hoping for a Tara Reid sighting, but to no avail. We did get some free drinks and snacks, and watched some celebrities play poker.


That evening, we saw Everest, about a doomed expedition to the top of Mount Everest. I will never understand why people would subject themselves to that. I thought it was an okay movie; I didn't love it, but it was interesting.



On Sunday, we saw our 4th movie in as many days, Sicario. It's a thriller starring Emily Blunt as an FBI agent who gets caught up in a government group trying to get the Mexican drug cartels under control using less than up-and-up means. I wasn't sure if I was really going to like this movie, but I ended up enjoying it quite a bit.


We had a late lunch at Pink Taco after the movie along with some delicious sangria. Please enjoy this picture of our half-eaten nachos and tacos.



That night, we attempted to view the super blood moon eclipse. I was hoping we could see it from our balcony, or even from across the street, but to no avail. We drove around the neighborhood, hoping for a different angle, but we couldn't even find the moon at all for the longest time. We eventually caught a faint glimpse of it, so that was cool, I guess. Kind of anticlimactic. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment