Thursday, November 7, 2013

MP3 Cleaning

I have to confess I'm a bit of a digital hoarder. However, every once in a while, I get the urge to clean everything out and start fresh. About a year ago, I realized that my iTunes library was so cluttered with songs that I didn't even really like; so much so that I rarely even listened to music from it that wasn't in a playlist already. I decided to go through each and every song, keeping the ones I liked (a little over 3000), deleting the ones I didn’t (probably around 1000), rating them all (this is how I organize them; I don’t know, it works for me), fixing the title tracks so they’re all uniform (because I’m OCD like that), and adding in album covers. 

It took me seriously at least a whole year to do this, and I’m finally finally done. Of course, now everyone listens to steaming music on Spotify or Pandora or whatever. Oh well, this is how I prefer to listen to music, and it works for me.

It’s SO lovely now, when I listen to my iPod on shuffle, every song is a song that I can enjoy and I don’t have to keep forwarding to the next track in a futile effort to find a song I actually want to listen to. I had no idea I had so much junk in there!


Now maybe I should look into organizing all my pictures...

No comments:

Post a Comment