Thursday, November 21, 2013

Streetpassing Randoms on the Nintendo DS

The Nintendo 3DS has this feature called StreetPass, where whenever you pass by another person who is also carrying their DS with them, it kind of connects you. In Animal Crossing, it will add the person to your Happy Home Showcase and you can go take a tour of their house. It does something in the Pokemon game too, but I’m not sure what yet. Whenever I go to a convention or anything, I usually end up Streetpassing a ton of people.


Anyway, I was checking my Streetpass the other day and noticed I had one new person. I wondered where I picked him up at, since I hadn’t really been anyplace special recently Each person is allowed a little personalized greeting thing, and this dude’s had his LiveJournal username. From there, I found his Twitter page, where he mentioned he had gone to the same Galaxy Quest screening at the Arclight that I’d also been to. I was just struck by how odd and amazing this little feature is. I’m thinking about adding my Twitter or blog name to my greeting, so other people can find me and learn more about me whenever they pass by me randomly.

No comments:

Post a Comment